Monday, May 7, 2018

Blog 10 Part 1 Bee Real



This reminded me of something you might see on a stationary. I was going for simple and quick, as I must turn in as many projects as possible. I can not disclude craftsmanship though. I have included my drafts so you can see where I was heading.


I can not for the life of me do a layer mask. I watched a video a few times and paused it at pivotal parts, I also have Photoshop CS6 For Dummies. I must be slower than a dummy because I still need help at achieving a proper piece that includes a layer mask.
This one is the starting point. I was going to add a lot of "B"s unto abstraction, but Dafont was not loading anything properly no matter what I or my tech-savvy fiance did. I had the stencil font already loaded on my computer from class time.

Details:
~I chose a watercolor platter piece and chose a part of it with the Rectangular Marque tool and Cutting it and placing it behind the bee
~I cut out the bee by using the Magnetic Lasso Tool, as it already had a white background
~I used the Free Transform on both images
~I chose "B" with a pattern inside it already (I really wanted to add my own pattern that I would choose for a "B", but I am short on time) and used the Magnetic Lasso and removed it from it's background and into the art space
~I used the Exclusion for the "B" which made it darker to match the bee (at the time)
~I merged the layers
~Then went to Filter>Noise>Dust & Scratches and shifted the Radius and Threshold (which made it "sketchy" looking)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10 Part 2- Lorelei

I took an image of friends/family member's kid Lorelei in a hat and duplicated her ~Filter Gallery> Sketch>Torn Edges>Smooth...