Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Project 4 Portraits


Portraits

The top one is me. I changed the filter to 'Artistic' and duplicated multiple (about 5-7) layers from more to more detailed and changed to Opacity on each layer from darkest (being the most simple layer) to lightest (the most complex layer). I mirrored myself. I was going for a Rorschach-esque look as I am interested in the human condition. I wanted my image to look blurred as if the viewer is drunk, or I might be something similar, because to find yourself you must lose yourself. I am hoping to continue to find myself. Our images of each other are skewed.

The second one down is of my good friend in Charlotte, Lora and her boyfriend. She is colorful and although she deals with much pain every day, she reaches higher and higher. Hence the nebula. There are 2 backgrounds that I cut up and copy and pasted, adding a Satin and Drop Shadow Effects to sporadically on separate "strips" of background. I outlined their image and duplicated it to make it thicker. I used the Paint and Eraser tool in conjunction to create random, bulbous lines around them. I knew someone that loved using the swirl tool in most of her art and created wings from someone's arms, and morphed heads. I simply went into Layers and used the Swirl effect on the black lines around them.

I am currently working on another portrait but have quite a few to practice on that I would love to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10 Part 2- Lorelei

I took an image of friends/family member's kid Lorelei in a hat and duplicated her ~Filter Gallery> Sketch>Torn Edges>Smooth...